Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The road to being an AFP Outsider...

Since blog sites don't have nice neat ways to create categories I have created this blog to track my thoughts about AFP. AFP (Advanced Function Presentation/Print) was created by IBM for printing. It is being dragged into the 21st century as a color print medium. This blog is to relate my experience in creating an AFP product. (There is a companion blog at The PDF Outsider discussing my feelings about PDF.) This is also linked to my The "Lone Wolf" Graphic Arts Technologist blog.

I am applying my knowledge of PDF and color to AFP.

So why will I be the AFP Outsider?

Primarily because I don't prescribe to the associated AFP dogma, I tell customers the truth, and vendors of AFP products mostly don't like that.

When my customers have problems with AFP and AFP printers I want to solve them irrespective of any associated dogma.

I will document my journey here (which has only just begun since the beginning of 2010).

This blog is Copyright (C) Todd R. Kueny, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment